The best startups from Serbia will have the opportunity to present their innovative products and services at the global investment gathering and startup competition AIM 2022, which will bring together the world’s leading representatives of capital, investors, from March 29 to 31, 2022 within the World Expo2020 in Dubai. and entrepreneurs. The participation of startups from Serbia will be enabled by the Science Technology Park Belgrade (STP Belgrade), in cooperation with the Annual Investment Meeting (AIM), a leading investment platform in the Middle East and North Africa, organizing a local startup competition to participate in this prestigious event.
Up to 5 startups from Serbia will be selected at the local competition, which will have the opportunity to present themselves to the global audience and investors in the UAE. The best of the 5 selected startups (local winner) will be provided with a direct place in the global finals of the AIM Startup 2022 competition, while the remaining four startups will have the opportunity to participate in the pitch competition and fight for qualification for the grand final.
Eleventh The Annual Investment Meeting is a great opportunity for all startups that seek to raise capital, increase global visibility, expand into new markets and establish new business contacts.
The event is of the hybrid type. Registration fees are provided for all 5 companies, and travel expenses for the 3 best-ranked startups. Depending on the epidemiological situation, startups can also participate online.
Who can apply for a local competition?
- Startups that develop an innovative product (digital product / software, electronic product / hardware or physical product) with a scalable business model and ambition to expand globally,
- They are majority Serb-owned,
- They have up to 50 employees (micro or small company),
- Less than 10 years have passed since the registration in the form of a limited liability company,
- They generate revenue from the sale of innovative products,
- They raised at least 50,000 euros through external funding (grant, BA or VC).
Where and how do startups apply?
Applications consist of:
- Pitch deck – up to 15 slides by defined categories (PDF format),
- Filling out a short survey with additional questions (Google forms to which the deck should be attached)
* If necessary, an additional meeting of startups will be organized with the NTP Belgrade team and AIM representatives.
Applications are available on this LINK, and startups can apply until February 7.
Applications should be submitted in English.
Criteria according to which startups will be evaluated at the local competition are: experience and expertise of the team, market and business model, previous results and plans, industry in which they operate, pitch deck and the importance of participating in AIM event for further development of startups.
The evaluation of applications will be carried out by AIM and NTP Belgrade.
What are the obligations of selected startups?
- The startup’s commitment to developing its innovation,
- Respecting the conditions of participation in the event in Dubai, with the obligatory presence of the meeting (physical or online) for which they receive a registration fee,
- Proactive approach during participation in the event,
- Promotion of support received from the organizers of the local competition (NTPB) and partners (AIM),
- Entry into full or virtual membership of NTP Belgrade, if they are not members of another science and technology park. You can see about the membership in NTP Belgrade HERE.
For additional information you can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) is an initiative of the UAE Ministry of Economy under the auspices of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, which has so far gathered more than 124,000 visitors, about 3,500 exhibitors and co-exhibitors and over 1,800 speakers countries of the world. The theme of this year’s eleventh edition is “Investing in Sustainable Innovation for a Successful Future”, and AIM 2022 will once again be a meeting place for corporate leaders, businessmen, regional and international investors, entrepreneurs, and leading academic and investment experts, senior government officials and decision makers. .
About STP Belgrade
STP Belgrade provides support to startup teams and companies, as well as growing technology companies to accelerate their growth and development, conquer new markets and attract investment. STP Belgrade creates programs and services in accordance with the specific needs of companies, in all stages of development, and in their development cooperates with local and international network of prominent partners, increasing global visibility and opportunities for startups from Serbia. Since its founding in 2015 (established in partnership with the Government of the Republic of Serbia, on behalf of the Government, the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, the City of Belgrade and the University of Belgrade), STP Belgrade has supported more than 120 companies in developing and commercializing innovative products and services. Today, member companies employ more than 1,200 highly educated people and export to over 40 countries.