We invite all startups from Serbia interested in getting to know and accessing the French market to apply for Mission France, a study startup tour that aims to support Serbian startups in their market discovery mission, helping them improve their export potential and gain access to new investments.
The market discovery mission for Serbian startups is organized by the Embassy of France in Serbia and Science Technology Park Belgrade, in partnership with BPI France, La French Tech Belgrade, Software Republic, and three other technoparks in Serbia: STP Niš, STP Čačak and STP Novi Sad , with the support of the Government of Switzerland through the project “Technopark Serbia 2 – Boosting exports through technoparks”.
The initiative will provide 4 Serbian startups with an opportunity to visit France on a study tour in June, get familiar with the French startup ecosystem, market and matchmaking opportunities, and meet potential investors. It will also contribute to strengthening links between Serbian and French innovation ecosystems.
Who can apply?
- Startups that develop innovative products/services (digital product/software, electronic product/hardware, or physical product) with a scalable business model and ambition to expand globally
- They are majority Serb-owned, and at least 70% of a company is owned by founders (physical persons)
- They have up to 50 employees (micro or small company)
- Less than 10 years have passed since the registration in the form of a limited liability company
- They generate revenue from the sale of innovative products
- They raised at least 30,000 euros through external funding (grant, BA, or VC).
Up to 12 startups will be selected and invited to Belgrade to pitch in front of the jury at the French-Serbian Innovation Forum on April 6th. Pre-selection of 12 startups will be carry-out by science technology parks.
After the pitches, the Jury eventually will deliberate and select 4 winning startups. Jury members are Luc Julia, Software Republic (Jury President), Nicolas Rabrenovic, French Tech Belgrade, Florent Buschiazzo, BPI France, and Veljko Mihajlović, NOVELIC.
How do startups apply?
Startups who match are invited to apply by filling out the application form available on the following link. Applications consist of:
- Filling out a short application form
- Pitch deck – up to 15 slides by defined categories (link to startup pitch deck should be included in the form)
Apply HERE. The deadline for applications is March 22nd.
Criteria according to which startups will be evaluated are experience and expertise of the team, market position, business model (scalability potential), previous results and plans (traction, investment readiness, etc), pitch quality, and importance of participating within Mission France for further development of startups.
More information at the Mission France landing page.
Opportunities and benefits for startups
During the study tour, chosen startups will have the unique opportunity to discover France’s innovation ecosystem, investment opportunities, and possible partnerships, including:
• Participation in the VivaTech event (June 2023, Paris) which is one of the most important conferences in Europe for presenting innovations and startups
• Meetings with investors that will be organized by The French Tech Belgrade, BPI France, and the Enterprise Europe Network
• A visit to Station F , world’s largest startup campus in Paris
• An additional immersion is planned through the network of Software Republic, an incubator and open innovation ecosystem specialized in the mobility of tomorrow and made up of major companies Renault, Atos, Dassault, Orange, STM Microelectronic, or Thales.
Apply now – explore opportunities in the growing French market!