Once again startups from Serbia have the opportunity to pitch in front of global audiences and investors at the international investment meeting and startup competition AIM 2023 (May 8-10, Abu Dhabi). The participation of Serbian startups will be enabled by the Science Technology Park Belgrade (STP Belgrade), in cooperation with the Annual Investment Meeting (AIM), the leading investment platform in the Middle East and North Africa, which will bring together the world’s leading capital representatives, investors, and entrepreneurs.
Applications for the local AIM Startup competition, through which up to 3 startups will be selected to participate in this event, are open until February 20. The local winner will be provided with a direct place in the global finals of the AIM Startup 2023 competition, while the remaining two startups will have the opportunity to participate in the pitch competition and fight for qualification for the grand final.
For all startups, The Annual Investment Meeting is a great opportunity to increase global visibility, establish new business contacts, access new sources of capital, and open doors to new markets.
Registration fees and return air ticket costs are covered for up to 3 top-ranked startups.
Who can apply for a local competition?
- Startups that develop an innovative product (digital product/software, electronic product/hardware or physical product) with a scalable business model and ambition to expand globally,
- Startups that are majority Serbian owned, as well as that the founders as a neutral person have at least 70% of the share in the ownership of the startup
- They have up to 50 employees (micro or small company),
- Less than 10 years have passed since the registration in the form of a limited liability company,
- They generate revenue from the sale of innovative products,
- They raised at least 50,000 euros and up to 750,000 euros through external funding (grant, BA, or VC).
Where and how do startups apply?
Applications consist of:
- Pitch deck – up to 15 slides by defined categories (PDF format),
- Filling out a short survey with additional questions (Google forms in which the link to the deck should be provided)
* If necessary, an additional meeting of startups will be organized with the STP Belgrade team and AIM representatives.
Applications are available on this LINK, and startups can apply until February 20.
Applications should be submitted in English.
Criteria according to which startups will be evaluated at the local competition are: experience and expertise of the team, market and business model, previous results and plans, pitch deck, and the importance of participating in the AIM event for further development of startups.
The evaluation of applications will be carried out by AIM and STP Belgrade.
Applicants supported in a previous global AIM Startup competition are not eligible to participate with the same startup idea.
Preference is given to applicants who have not previously participated in a global AIM competition.
What are the obligations of selected startups?
- The startup’s commitment to developing its innovation,
- Respecting the conditions of participation in the event in Abu Dhabi, with the obligatory presence of the meeting for which they receive a registration fee,
- The proactive approach during participation in the event,
- Promotion of support received from the organizers of the local competition (STPB) and partners (AIM),
- Entry into full or virtual membership of STP Belgrade, if they are not members of another science technology park, with the possibility of using office space in the innovative community of founders in the STP Belgrade complex. You can see about the membership in STP Belgrade HERE.
For additional information, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2022 AIM gathered representatives from 174 countries, more than 400 exhibitors, and almost 12,000 visitors, including 5 representatives of the Serbian startup ecosystem who were able to exhibit. The theme of this year’s edition, the twelfth Annual Investment Meeting is “Future Investment Opportunities to Foster Sustainable Economic Growth, Diversity and Prosperity“, and AIM 2023 will once again be a meeting place for corporate leaders, businessmen, regional and international investors, entrepreneurs, leading academic and investment experts and decision-makers.
About STP Belgrade
STP Belgrade provides support to startup teams and companies, as well as growing technology companies to accelerate their growth and development, conquer new markets and attract investment. STP Belgrade creates programs and services in accordance with the specific needs of companies, in all stages of development, and in their development cooperates with a local and international network of prominent partners, increasing global visibility and opportunities for startups from Serbia. Since its founding in 2015 , STP Belgrade has supported more than 150 companies in developing and commercializing innovative products and services. Today, member companies employ more than 1,500 highly educated people and export to over 50 countries.